ICE CREAM FACTS
- The history of ice cream can be traced back to the 4th century BC in Roman times where ice and from the mountains was combined with fruit toppings.
- In the 13th century the Chinese developed a method of mixing ice flavours including milk and brought the concepts to Europe.
- Overtime recipes for ice, sherbets and milk ice evolved.
- In 1851 the Baltimore company was the first to produce and market wholesale ice cream which in turn became a profitable treat and an icon of American culture.
- During the 20th Century many brands of ice cream appears on large scales within supermarket and branded franchised parlours across the world.
- Now many people enjoy making their own ice cream at home and devices to make ice cream are sold in retail outlets throughout the world.